Beneath the placid surface of product pages lies an unseen world of bots, algorithms, flash crashes and fierce competition.
The Six Goals of Every Programming Project
- The end user got what they needed, or what they wanted.
- The end user was able to easily make use of what you made.
- The quality, performance, security or other attributes of what you made were acceptable to the end user.
- You utilized a reasonable amount of resources in building it.
- You completed the work in a reasonable amount of time.
- The work was built to be maintained or updated or expanded.
The Economics of Airline Class.
The little-known iPhone feature that lets blind people see with their fingers.
A few years ago, backstage at a conference, I spotted a blind woman using her phone. The phone was speaking everything her finger touched on the screen, allowing her to tear through her apps. My jaw hit the floor. After years of practice, she had cranked the voice’s speed so high, I couldn’t understand a word it was saying.
And here’s the kicker: She could do all of this with the screen turned off. Her phone’s battery lasted forever.
The little-known iPhone feature that lets blind people see with their fingers